Does this listing belong to your company? Click here to claim this listing.

Ethiopian institute of Architecture Building construction and City development

Visit Website Contact Author
wlt_thumbnail-126

The Ethiopian Institute of Architecture, Building Construction and City Development was officially inaugurated on March 6, 2010. It is the latest chapter of a long and vivid history of the school. Before becoming EiABC, the school was part of the Faculty of Technology of Addis Ababa University. And before that, it was known as the Ethio-Swedish Institute, or in short: the Building College. This institution was founded in 1954 through a bilateral agreement between the Ethiopian and Swedish Governments. The initial educational scheme, launched in 1955, aimed to offer a three-year diploma program in Building Engineering. At the end of the 1957/58 academic year the training was upgraded to a four-year program leading to a B.Sc. Degree in Building Engineering. As a result of recommendations made at various times, especially those of the Presidential Commission in 1968, and the report of the Technical Survey Team of 1969, the Building College and the College of Engineering merged to form the Faculty of Technology in 1969 till 2009 under Addis Ababa University. .P.O.Box 518
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Tel +251 (0) 112 767 605






Web Address www.eiabc.edu.et/